Washington, D.C.,– Securiport was selected to speak at the US Department Towards a More Safe and Secure World (TMSSW) initiative organized by the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP). The Securiport team met with 25 judicial, law enforcement, and security officials from around the world to discuss current global threats, policies and solutions. Nate Carpenter, Chief Software Architect and Steven Santos, Business Operations Analyst presented Securiport’ s latest technologies on 21st Century Threat Detection on how to implement and integrate border security systems together with big data analytics.
ABOUT THE TMSSW PROGRAM
Towards a More Safe and Secure World is a three-week International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) initiative that engages international participants with U.S. counterparts and examines methods for upholding the rule of law, leveraging partnerships, expanding international cooperation and defeating terrorism.
- Foster greater global cooperation against terrorism and other transnational crime threats
- Explore methods to neutralize global criminal activities such as drug trafficking, trafficking in persons, money laundering, and countering extremism
- Address the impact of transnational crime on the global economy
- Survey the U.S. criminal justice system and review how its principles are applied to international crime prosecution
- Examine ways to strengthen partnerships between community- based organizations and law enforcement officials
- Address issues of balancing law enforcement and security with the preservation of civil liberties
Learn more about the program: https://eca.state.gov/ivlp/towards-more-safe-and-secure-world